Sunday 19 January 2014

My tip for washing a childs favourite toy or blankie

Good morning!! Am down at Lilydale Supa Laundrette this morning doing service washing for a couple of the local businesses in Lilydale as well as some regular customers. We are here till 5.00 pm so if you would like to drop off some washing or get some ironing done don't be shy.

Today I wanted to share my experience with washing my daughters favourite 'blankie'. Like most parents I used to dread having to wash 'blankie', my adorable little girl didn't understand why it had to be done. So a few weeks ago I asked her if she wanted to help me was 'blankie'. She got so excited, immediately picking up her blanket and choosing a small washing machine to put it into. When the door was closed I put in the washing powder then I picked her up, let her put the coins in and then push the start button. Over the next 25 mins she kept showing me where her 'blankie' was and telling me that it was getting washed. When it was finished she gleefully raced to the machine and waited for me to open the door.


Next we put it into the dryer, I let her carry it across to the dryer, there were no drips across the floor and my daughter didn't get wet because the washer spins all the excess water off properly. After the 'blankie' was loaded and the dryer door shut, she once again put the coins into the machine and pressed the start button. 20 mins later she pulled her 'blankie' out of the dryer, after I had checked to make sure it wasn't hot, and she was so happy to have her 'blankie' back and I was happy that it was fresh and clean, without any drama in the process.

Now every week we go down to the laundromat 'blankie' comes with us and gets washed. A completely painless exercise now because she gets to do it herself.

Hope this tip helps. Any queries or comments feel free to contact us.
Mobile: 0409726026
or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lilydalesupalaundry   

No comments:

Post a Comment